WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. It is called Eaves-droppings because many of my short pieces arise from comments I overhear in public places. These comments trigger ideas, thoughts, recollections and even stories. Some are pure stimulus-response, stream of concsiousness reactions.

Cellphones have made my field of observation much richer.

I hope you will enjoy my wandering through public places.

Contact me at ronp70000@aol.com with your comments and observations.
Ron

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Panhandler
As we approached the turn lane, we saw another panhandler. He was dressed slightly better than most, but certainly fit the mold. He had a cardboard sign with the usual – HOMELESS, ANYTHING HELPS. As we waited for the light to change, he turned, and puffed on a cigarette. The audacity of him wanting me to pay for his cigarette addiction. Then as we started to move, and passes his station, we read the rest of the hand lettered sign – “Go Green!” clearly he was in the vanguard of begging.

No comments:

Post a Comment