WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. It is called Eaves-droppings because many of my short pieces arise from comments I overhear in public places. These comments trigger ideas, thoughts, recollections and even stories. Some are pure stimulus-response, stream of concsiousness reactions.

Cellphones have made my field of observation much richer.

I hope you will enjoy my wandering through public places.

Contact me at ronp70000@aol.com with your comments and observations.
Ron

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Truth in Advertising

Amazing! There are a couple of recent TV ads that use the extraordinary concept of truth! Domino’s Pizza has run a campaign recently focused on redoing their pizza from the crust up! “We listened to your complaints; the crust tastes like cardboard, we developed a new crust, the sauce tastes like catsup, we developed a new sauce, and if you go to their web site, you will see “The Pizza Turnaround” Documentary! I may even try it!
Burger King has a new ad that shows the creepy plastic King sneaking into the McDonald’s recipe storage vault and steeling the recipe for the Egg McMuffin! WOW - four off the shelf items require a secret recipe and one that must be stolen? It must be that they are really saying that you can now get an egg McMuffin at Burger King. Okay,
Then there is a radio ad where a guy says “I found that I was 1,000,000 in debt. I figured that the same skill that got me into debt could get me out of debt . . .” Think Paris Hilton . . . No, the skills that get you into debt are the opposite of the skills that can get you out. So I’ll pass on your how to become a millionaire scheme, thank you very much!
4/12/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment